Edusave Character Award (ECHA) 2014
The Edusave Character Award (ECHA) 2014 for our students is opened for nominations from now till 26 August 2014. ECHA is introduced by MOE to enable schools to recognise students who demonstrate exemplary character and outstanding qualities through their behaviour and actions. The award also supports the school’s efforts in nurturing students of good character and values, who are active contributors and concerned citizens: Youth of Character, Keen to Serve.
The objectives are as follows:
Download & Submission
- To send clear and strong signal of the importance that MOE places on character and values, on par with the achievements in the academic domain; and
- To recognise outstanding students in each school who are exemplary in character, and who can be a role model to inspire others.
- Click HERE to download the soft copy of the ECHA Parent nomination Form.
- The hard copy of the ECHA Parent Nomination Form is also available from the school’s General Office.
- Completed Nomination Form should be submitted either via your child’s to his/her Form Teacher or by hand to the following address:
Yio Chu Kang Primary School
1 Hougang Street 51
- The closing date for nomination is 26 August 2014. Late submission will not be considered.
- For any enquiries/clarifications, please contact Mr Aaron Chan, SH/CCE, at 63851365.
The eligibility criteria for the ECHA are as follows:
- Students must be Singaporeans.
- The Nominee must have demonstrated good character and values on a consistent basis.
The Nominees may be identified for the following types of qualities:
- Qualities associated with the School Values of Caring, Upright, Progressive and Excellence;
- A high level of Civic Responsibility: Students must have demonstrated concerns about issues related to their community or issues faced by others. They could have initiated simple actions or played an active role to address these issues and demonstrate commitment to making a positive impact;
- Qualities associated with Resilience: Students who have persevered despite facing difficult circumstances (e.g. financial problems, health issues, family issues, peer resistance, etc.) and have managed to overcome the odds.